Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

We are pregnant

It took me a while before writing another post.  We became busy these past days with Herblend Teas, our herbal tea business.  Accompanied to our busyness was the changes I noticed with myself as well as my husband noticing.   

Almost every night, Joshua and I always prayed to God that if it His will to reward us a children, we asked Him to make them healthy and that they will grow up loving Christ Jesus and seeking His will for their lives.

We mostly talked about a sooner possibility a life will begin to be formed in my uterus.  Month of June when I asked Joshua to watched with me the miracle of life.  The first time I saw this documentary video about Concepcion from the beginning of miraculous semen ejaculation was when I was in 2nd year high school.  The whole time of watching, we were both amazed how this video was shot and how God designed a beginning of life through the fertilization of the egg through sperm carried a father's genetic material merges with the mother.  


I always teased Joshua every night, to gave a goodnight kiss to my tummy.  I was just having a feeling of being pregnant.  

Last June 24, I started to experience an easiness in my stomach.  I thought I was just being hungry, and I assumed that my stomach produced acids for it was a meal time for me.  The same day, on our way to Savannah for Joshua's retest of gaining his driving license, I told him and our friend Candace that I felt like I wanted to puke (excuse my word).  I was being dizzy by that time.  Candace asked me, "are you pregnant?"  I answered back and I said, "no".  We stopped by to a gasoline station, and since my mouth was craving for salty food I asked my husband to get me a potato chips.  I had a weird feeling that time, my stomach was stirred like a scrambled egg, and my whole body was so cold.  What a relief, when I puked in the comfort room of the gasoline station.  I informed my husband about it and he was so concerned.  When I started to eat my potato chips, it was like the best food in the whole wide world.  I became better in a few minutes. 

Having a baby is highly encourage in our marital life, we are praying for them.  In fact, before I flew here in Tennessee a dear friend of mine told me her vision about us and our future children.  It was my last few days in the Philippines when we met at the food court of the nearest shopping mall in our place.  After we had a dinner, we prayed for one another and I heard her praying for me and in a soft voice she uttered her vision to us.  She said, "I can see two children that will faithfully serving God in a big ministry."  She uttered a boy and a girl.  

Just like all parents, Joshua and I desire the best for our kids.  We are not yet sure of their gender for it is too early to know but we both trust in the Lord that He will give us the desires of our hearts.  Joshua and I both have a twin gene in our family.  His grandfather in his mother side had a twin brother while my deceased mother's has a twin brothers.  Genetically, there will be a possibility that it might happen but as my husband always said," Let your will be done Lord."

I recalled the blog post that I wrote while reflecting back on how God prepared us to parenthood.  I mentioned that, " Dealing with a bunch of kids was not that easy, getting their interest and attention was a big achievement.  Praise Jesus for the patience.  Hand salute for their parents in all their effort and time raising their kids." Continue Reading...

A weeks ago, I had a dream about the pregnant woman at the Church.  In my dream, she gave birth to a beautiful, healthy and bouncing baby girl at grammy's house.  I was looking at them while they were both laying in the bed, and her husband stood beside her.  I said hello to the baby and she smiled.  The child's face was shining, and she could turned back even if she was only a day old.  Her bones were so strong,  she was moving towards the end of the bed,  I grabbed her immediately and carried her before the child fall.  In my dream, the baby was glad.  My arms were wrapped around her, and we walked towards a pile of newly harvested corn cobs.  

I shared it with Joshua.  On my part, I found it odd since we were not thinking nor talk about them.  In reality, the mother will have a baby shower scheduled days forward before this writing.  We decided to gave our unisex gift earlier to the mother before the start of the Sunday worship with a note for a baby girl.  We were not informed about the gender of the child, but there was a soft voice spoken to me that the baby is a girl since that was I saw in my dream.  We found out that the baby actually is a girl.  

We are not always a high spirited couple, there are ups and down just like most couples.  During the times that doubt struck us, the two of us were reminded about one of God's many promises to us.  Mostly the part wherein God made a covenant to the Israelite's in the book of  Deuteronomy.  His words in Deuteronomy 7:12-13 says, 

"12If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. 13He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and olive oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you."

Because of the signs that my husband noticed with me like nausea and vomiting, strange cravings, pregnancy fatigue like being sleep lover.   I remember, waking up at noon having brunch (combined breakfast and lunch) then taking a nap until dinner time and had some food and going back to bed immediately.   He insisted that night that we should need to buy the pregnancy test kit.  The following morning, Joshua and I went to the drug store with Lindsey my sister in law (Joshua's sister).  He was the one who look for it and paid over the counter.  Praise God that my husband was so supportive.

When we got home, it took a while before we had the test.  I waited for my husband to became free from discussing something with the family.  This is one of the best thing that neither one of us wanted to missed. 

Finally, we went inside our room and agreed to do it.  I was seating in the corner of the bed, I asked my husband to pray first.  He knelt down and initiated the prayer.  I vividly heard him said, "God please take care of us, and God let your will be done."

That day was the 2nd month after our wedding, July 19, and four days passed after my 31st birthday.  Joshua was the one who gently squeezed the dropper with the urine sample to pregnancy test kit, and in a glimpse of seconds a two pink lines appeared so rapidly.  




It was positive, we were speechless.  What can we say in this first time and remarkable experience but to praise God.  We looked at one another, hug each other and  the rest was teary eyes.  His will was done.  

We were not a perfect couple to be rewarded with a gift of fatherhood and motherhood.  But we have faith with a perfect God that in His time, he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.   

I will end this story with the song my husband posted in His fb profile.  God is with us by Mercy Me.


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Help us to help you. Feed our minds