Nuffnang

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Home made Pulvoron Gift

Cooking and baking are the two daily domestic things I will never become tired of doing.  When I was young aside of fishing in the flood (which is another story of me being adventurous), playing with my plastic kitchen toys made my childhood days colorful.  I had a complete set of kitchenware's from casserole, pan, plates, glasses down to spoon and fork.  My sister, who is a year older than me whenever she had extra coins, she never forgot to surprised me with a piece of plastic kitchenware every time she was tasked doing the grocery at the wet market.  Unlike what you can see from ToyRUs, my kitchen toys were cheap and simple, the one that you can get from buying cheese curls or other non name brand chocolate. 

My love in cooking and baking was enhanced when I went to a vocational High School.  The school offered a subject about an introduction to Food Technology and when I reached my Junior year, I had my major with the same related field of study which I earned a skilled and techniques in basic cooking and baking.  

Now that I am married with a wonderful and not too picky man, this skill that I gained through practice and passion towards it is well used daily.   

This coming Christmas, a season for love, giving and sharing I proposed to Joshua the idea of making Pulvoron, a filipino sweet delicacy that is made of flour, non-fat dry milk, sugar, butter and nuts to be given away as a token of our appreciation for others to indulge.  He agreed with the idea and bought some of the ingredients that is not yet in our pantry.  Aside that its easy to make, its yummy, nutritious, affordable, and rare in Tennessee.  

Not forgetting that the essence of Christmas is commemorating the gift of God for us, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, not just celebrating for only a season but every moment of our lives and sharing it to others.   

Home made baked Pulvoron, freshly wrapped
Herblend-Pulvoron tags
 cusHome made Tags

As our gift to you, here is our recipe of Home made baked Pulvoron: 

What you need are:
4 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups Carnation non-fat dry milk
1 cup of toasted walnuts
1 cup butter (melted)
2 teaspoon vanilla (flavoring)
1 teaspoon salt

Procedures to follow:

In a wok, toast the flour in a medium fire for about 3O minutes until lightly brown.  Turn-off the stove, adding the remaining dry ingredients into the toasted flour such as sugar, non-fat dry milk, salt, and toasted walnuts then thoroughly mixed, set aside.  Mix the vanilla into the melted butter and add the mixture into the rest of the ingredients, mix it until the butter with vanilla is thoroughly absorbed.

If you don't have a Pulvoron molder, you can use a measuring cup as an alternative moulder.  In our case, we used a cup as a molder with 1/4 in measurement.  Preheat the oven to 350 °F.  Bake for 5 minutes and cool down then refrigerate before wrapping to make your Pulvoron more firmer.  Serve it with a home made tea, enjoy!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Help us to help you. Feed our minds